Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Knitting Projects



Still working on the baby blanket and just started on a bib. Thanks Emma for showing me the 'Short rows' and how to hide them as well as the Icord. I should have the bib completed tonight. I have been taking my time with the baby blanket but I think I will try to finish it by the end of the month. I have my in-laws coming down and I would love to show them.I'm looking for some great spring and summer projects. Something light weight and easy to wear (& make).

Emma and I were talking about blankets our group started to create. We have bags of knitted squares and no one is putting them together. We should try to finish these before the winter season so they can be passed out. Our group is also going to make Prayer Shawls which I am excited to make. I might see if any of the ladies from my church would like to make some too.

Before You Begin:

Because this is a spiritual practice, before one begins the knitting (crochet) process, a blessing, prayer or wish can be said, dedicating the work of your hands and the intentions of the receiver. You may want to light a candle and play soft music to enhance your knitting time, remembering that this is a prayerful time. When working in a group, you may want to pass the work-in-progress around the circle, asking each person to add some stitches to the shawl, or to just hold it for a while to add their prayers, energy and good wishes.

http://www.shawlministry.com/instructions.html

No comments: