Thursday, February 21, 2013

Crocheted Hexagon Blanket




HOW TO CROCHET HEXAGONS

There are lots of ways to crochet a hexagon. It’s one of the things I love about crochet – you always have options. After a little more swatching I found one that I really like. Here’s how I’m making the hexagons for my blanket.
ABBREVIATIONS
ch: chain
ch-sp: chain space
dc: double crochet
dc2tog: [yarn over, insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and pull up loop, yarn over, draw through 2 loops] 2 times, yarn over, draw through all loops on hook.
dc3tog: [yarn over, insert hook in next stitch, yarn over and pull up loop, yarn over, draw through 2 loops] 3 times, yarn over, draw through all loops on hook.
foll: following
PATTERN
Ch6. Slip stitch through the first ch to form a circle.
Round 1: Ch2, dc2tog into circle – counts as dc3tog. [Ch2, dc3tog into circle] 5 times. Ch2, slip stitch to top of first dc3tog. (6 clusters)
Round 2: Slip stitch into first chain-space. Ch2, dc2tog into ch-sp – counts as dc3tog. Ch2, dc3tog into same ch-sp. [Ch2, dc3tog, ch2 dc3tog into next ch-sp] 5 times. Ch2, slip stitch to top of first dc3tog. (12 clusters)
Round 3: Slip stitch into first chain-space. Ch3, 2dc, ch2, 3dc into ch-sp, 3dc into next ch-sp, [3dc, ch2, 3dc into foll ch-sp, 3dc into next ch-sp] 5 times. Slip stitch to top of first dc. Fasten off. (18 clusters)

KEEP CROCHETING

At this point, my plan is to make as many hexagons as I can with the yarn I’ve wound. Then I’ll decide how to arrange them and crochet them together.
I’ll post updates as I make progress. Happy crocheting!



Favorite Sites:
http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/hexagon-howto.html

http://pinterest.com/jeannettel/crochet-tutorials-hexagons/


No comments: